- 1 cup of honey
- 1 cup of boiling water
- 1½ cups of chopped dates
- 50g butter
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
- 2 cups of plain flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F) or Gas Mark 4.
- Mix the honey and chopped dates into the boiling water. Stand and allow to cool.
- Add the vanilla essence to the cooled mixture.
- Combine the flour and baking powder together and sift. Mix together with the cooled mixture, mixing well.
- Pour into a buttered 2 litre dish and bake for 45 minutes.
- Glaze the hot pud with 2 tablespoons of warm honey.